Greater Seattle Drop-in Pickleball Calendar
The Seattle Parks and Recreation department is asking again on Facebook what kind of amenities, features, programs, or events do YOU want to see at your parks, fields, play areas, community centers, pools, etc. in the next 10 -12 years? If you work, live or play in Seattle, this survey is for you.
Let's make sure that pickleball is well represented in the answers. A lot of you have already done something like this, but it is important that you do it again. "The squeaky wheel gets the pickleball courts" as the saying goes.
If you have a Facebook account, follow this link to:
- say you would like a lot more indoor and outdoor pickleball,
- say why you would like a lot more indoor and outdoor pickleball,
- "like" the other comments that advocate for more pickleball.
If you don’t have a Facebook account, ask a friend to leave a comment in your name.
The city of Kirkland is hiring a pickleball instructorSee https://apply.govjobstoday.com/JobAnnouncement.aspx?jid=9836 for more details.
Playtime Scheduler Update
Time for pickleball tells you where and when regular drop-in pickleball games are happening. It's pretty good at what it does, but there is a lot it doesn't do.
Playtime Scheduler makes it easy to organize one-off games.
Mid-July, over 250 players from the Greater Seattle area had already joined. The more people join, the easier it will be to organize games.
Here is how it works. First, you have to register:
- Go to the Playtime Scheduler web site.
- Click the Register button.
- Select Greater Seattle Area, WA as your region.
- Fill in your information. including your zip code and skill level.
- Click on the Register button.
Now, make it suit your needs:
- Click on the My Account button.
- Click on Email Preferences.
- Tell the system when you are available to play pickleball and how far from home you are willing to travel.
That's it. You are now ready to join an existing session or create your own session and invite people to join. When someone creates a new session that fits your availability, your travel zone, and your skill level, you will receive an email.
If you have any question, please email infotimeforpickleball.com.
See you on the courts!
Recent Schedule Changes
- Northshore Thursday pickleball goes from 10:45am to 1:30pm through Labor Day week. (Thanks, Aldon!)
- During the week of July 24, the South Park Community Center will host a soccer camp for over a hundred kids. Plan on coming to play pickleball, but know that if it rains you will have to give up the gym. (Thanks, Jean!)
- No play at Mercer Island from August 12 to 16 and August 26 to 30 due to cheerleader camps. (Thanks, Conrad!)
- Effective immediately, Yesler pickleball has been canceled for the summer. (Thanks, Jessica!)
- New: Outdoor pickleball on the tennis courts by the Miller Community Center, every M/W/F morning. (Thanks, Joni & Ken!)
See something? Say something!Many thanks to all the players and staff members who let us know about schedule changes.
Please email schedule change information to infotimeforpickleball.com.
Since most facilities state that "Programs, hours, and fees are subject to change without notice", the information included here cannot be guaranteed to be accurate. Call play locations within 48 hours of play to verify daily schedule. Make sure the location is open when you call. Pray that the person answering the phone is aware of the latest schedule changes and gives you accurate information.
Click on a time below to see the original document that listed that specific time.
Click on a location name for more details about that particular location, such as address, phone number, number of courts, etc....