Greater Seattle Drop-in Pickleball Calendar
As part of their 12-year strategic plan, the Seattle Parks Department is soliciting community input to help them THINK BIG about the future of parks and recreation. They want to know what you think about parks, community centers, recreation programs, aquatics programs, playgrounds, events, environmental education, dog off-leash areas, and more!
Take their quick, simple survey and tell them in great detail your vision for pickleball 12-years from now.
Don't just say you want "more pickleball". Describe what "more pickleball" looks like to you.
- Is it indoors, outdoors or both?
- Is it taking place in the morning, afternoon, evening or all day long to accommodate all busy schedules?
- Is it available on weekends?
- Is it accessible during school vacations?
- Is it only for seniors or should it be made available to children, young adults, and adults too?
How many pickleball courts should be available in each outdoor location?
(Hint: Think pickleball complex)
- Given that we can expect that 12 years from now, we'll have four times as many pickleball players as we currently have, what should Seattle do to accommodate the growth?
Remember: They are asking you to THINK BIG.
Yost Park Tournament, September 7thThe City of Edmonds is hosting a pickleball tournament at Yost Park on Saturday September 7th. See our Tournaments page for more information.
New pickleball courts in EdmondsThe city of Edmonds has resurfaced the two tennis courts at Seaview Park. Each tennis court has lines for two pickleball courts. Four portable nets are on site from March to October.
Seattle Pickleball on Seattle TV
The city of Kirkland is hiring a pickleball instructorSee https://apply.govjobstoday.com/JobAnnouncement.aspx?jid=9836 for more details.
Playtime Scheduler Update
Time for pickleball tells you where and when regular drop-in pickleball games are happening. It's pretty good at what it does, but there is a lot it doesn't do.
Playtime Scheduler makes it easy to organize one-off games.
Mid-July, over 250 players from the Greater Seattle area had already joined.
Mid-August, over 325 players from the Greater Seattle area had already joined.
people join, the easier it will be to organize games.
Here is how it works. First, you have to register:
- Go to the Playtime Scheduler web site.
- Click the Register button.
- Select Greater Seattle Area, WA as your region.
- Fill in your information. including your zip code and skill level.
- Click on the Register button.
Now, make it suit your needs:
- Click on the My Account button.
- Click on Email Preferences.
- Tell the system when you are available to play pickleball and how far from home you are willing to travel.
That's it. You are now ready to join an existing session or create your own session and invite people to join. When someone creates a new session that fits your availability, your travel zone, and your skill level, you will receive an email.
If you have any question, please email infotimeforpickleball.com.
See you on the courts!
Recent Schedule Changes
- No pickleball at South Park on August 19 due to a special sports camp for kids. (Thanks, Jean!)
- No play at Mercer Island on Aug 21. (Thanks, Conrad!)
- There will be no pickleball at the Frances Anderson Center in Edmonds from August 5 to 9, and from 19 to 23.
- Northshore Thursday pickleball goes from 10:45am to 1:30pm through Labor Day week. (Thanks, Aldon!)
- No play at Mercer Island from August 12 to 16 and August 26 to 30 due to cheerleader camps. (Thanks, Conrad!)
- Effective immediately, Yesler pickleball has been canceled for the summer. (Thanks, Jessica!)
- New: Outdoor pickleball on the tennis courts by the Miller Community Center, every M/W/F morning. (Thanks, Joni & Ken!)
See something? Say something!Many thanks to all the players and staff members who let us know about schedule changes.
Please email schedule change information to infotimeforpickleball.com.
Since most facilities state that "Programs, hours, and fees are subject to change without notice", the information included here cannot be guaranteed to be accurate. Call play locations within 48 hours of play to verify daily schedule. Make sure the location is open when you call. Pray that the person answering the phone is aware of the latest schedule changes and gives you accurate information.
Click on a time below to see the original document that listed that specific time.
Click on a location name for more details about that particular location, such as address, phone number, number of courts, etc....