Greater Seattle Drop-in Pickleball Calendar
January 30: Design Meeting for Pickleball court construction project at Eckstein Middle School
This community meeting and design workshop will take place Wednesday January 30th, from 6:30 to 8 pm, at the Eckstein Middle School Library.
If you have any interest in playing on those courts, support this project by coming to this meeting. Make it fun by bringing your friends.
All are welcome, bring your ideas, questions or just listen.
Future meetings (March and April) will be presenting 1 or 2 final scenarios; this is the time to be in on the early phase of planning and design. The school address is 3003 NE 75th Ave NE, Seattle WA 98115. Please enter only through the school’s front door, which faces NE 75th. Parking is on the west side of the school on 30th Ave NE.
Introducing Playtime Scheduler
Time for pickleball tells you where and when drop-in pickleball is happening. It's pretty good at what it does, but there is a lot it doesn't do.
What if you want to invite players at your skill level to come practice with you at a specific community center tomorrow morning?
What if you want to organize an outdoor game and invite all willing players this coming weekend?
What if you want to rent a court at Pickleball Station and invite just three friends?
Mellany would send texts, Jean would send emails, Frank would create a Facebook post, Sylvia would create a Meetup, Ken would use his mailing list, Lynette would contact her Google Group. But now there is Playtime Scheduler.
Playtime Scheduler makes it easy to organize games. For the last two years it has been in use around Sacramento where 900 registered users post an average of 45 pickleball sessions a week. It is now finally available in the Greater Seattle area.
Here is how it works. First you have to register:
- Go to the Playtime Scheduler web site.
- Click the Register button.
- Select Greater Seattle Area, WA as your region.
- Fill in your information. including your zip code and skill level.
- Click on the Register button.
Now, make it suit your needs:
- Click on the My Account button.
- Click on Email Preferences.
- Tell the system when you are available to play pickleball and how far from home you are willing to travel.
That's it. You are now ready to join an existing session or create your own session and invite people to join. When someone creates a new session that fits your availability, your travel zone, and your skill level, you will receive an email.
If you have any question, please email infotimeforpickleball.com.
See you on the courts!
Recent Schedule Changes
- No pickleball at the Queen Anne Community Center on Wednesday January 30th. (Thanks, Susan!)
- Monday pickleball at Van Asselt ended at the end of 2018.
Saturday play at the SeaTac Community Center now starts at 8:30 a.m.
Play only happens if the gym has not been rented. Call to confirm before you go. (Thanks, Tom!)
- Weekend play on the outdoor courts at Green Lake is getting very busy and it's only mid-January. The crowd is expected to get much bigger. A group of players have decided to branch out to Shoreview Park in Shoreline on Saturday mornings from 9 am to 1 pm regularly. There are 6 newly lined courts there. If you have a net, please bring it as there are no nets on-site.
- The semi=permanent pickleball net on the Miller Playfield outdoor pickleball and tennis courts in Seattle's Capitol Hill is now ready to use (Thanks, Frank!)
- Saturday morning pickleball at the Bellevue YMCA has been moved to Sundays through March 9 due to youth basketball (Thanks, Mr. Faizal!)
- Wednesday evening pickleball at the Ballard Community Center now starts at 7:30 p.m. instead of 6:30 p.m. (Thanks, Cynthia!)
- Pickleball at Mercer Island is still taking place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Play starts on 3 courts and now extends to 6 courts at 10:45 a.m. (used to be noon). (Thanks, Bree and Conrad!)
- There will no longer be Sunday pickleball at the Mercer Island Community Center. The center will now be closed on Sundays.
- There will be no pickleball at the Frances Anderson Community Center in Edmonds on January 21. (Thanks, Todd!)
- Thursday evening pickleball at the International District Community Center ended on Dec 27. (Thanks, Kara!)
- Friday evening pickleball at the Miller Community Center might has ended. (Thanks, Kara!)
- Monday and Friday morning pickleball at Miller is now starting an hour earlier. (Thanks Ken!)
- Monday pickleball at High Point Community Center now starts at 9:30 am, half an hour earlier. (Thanks Sandy!)
- The SeaTac Community Center started having pickleball on Saturday mornings. (Thanks Tom!)
- Tom Grubb is heading up the SeaTac community center's new drill and play sessions for beginners/advanced beginners on Mondays (10am to noon), Wednesdays (10am to 3:00pm) and Fridays (10 to noon). Tom will provide the Tutor ball machine and some instruction for beginner to intermediate players.
See something? Say something!Many thanks to all the players and staff members who let us know about schedule changes.
Please email schedule change information to infotimeforpickleball.com.
Since most facilities state that "Programs, hours, and fees are subject to change without notice", the information included here cannot be guaranteed to be accurate. Call play locations within 48 hours of play to verify daily schedule. Make sure the location is open when you call. Pray that the person answering the phone is aware of the latest schedule changes and give you accurate information.
Click on a time below to see the original document that listed that specific time.
Click on a location name for more details about that particular location, such as address, phone number, number of courts, etc....