Greater Seattle Drop-in Pickleball Calendar
New: Pickleball at Crossroads Community Center
Bellevue's Crossroads Community Center now offers FREE pickleball on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00am to 11:30am
Seattle Parks Department Releases Pickleball Pilot Study Report
The Seattle Parks Department's outdoor pickleball pilot project took place from October 2018 to October 2019. While the outdoor pilot project was ongoing, the Parks department denied any request for outdoor pickleball expansion. Since October 2019, we have all been waiting for a report. As of August 27, 2019, it is finally here and it not only talks about outdoor pickleball but about indoor pickleball as well.
Playtime Scheduler Update
Time for pickleball tells you where and when regular drop-in pickleball games are happening. It's pretty good at what it does, but there is a lot it doesn't do.
Playtime Scheduler makes it easy to organize one-off games.
Mid-July, over 250 players from the Greater Seattle area had already joined.
Mid-August, over 325 players from the Greater Seattle area had already joined.
Mid-September, over 375 players from the Greater Seattle area had already joined.
Mid-October, 425 players from the Greater Seattle area had already joined. The more people join, the easier it will be to organize games.
Here is how it works. First, you have to register:
- Go to the Playtime Scheduler web site.
- Click the Register button.
- Select Greater Seattle Area, WA as your region.
- Fill in your information. including your zip code and skill level.
- Click on the Register button.
Now, make it suit your needs:
- Click on the My Account button.
- Click on Email Preferences.
- Tell the system when you are available to play pickleball and how far from home you are willing to travel.
That's it. You are now ready to join an existing session or create your own session and invite people to join. When someone creates a new session that fits your availability, your travel zone, and your skill level, you will receive an email.
If you have any question, please email infotimeforpickleball.com.
See you on the courts!
Recent Schedule Changes
- Friday pickleball at Loyal Heights starts at noon instead of 12:30pm as previously indicated. (Thanks, Susan!)
- The Seattle Parks department is having new LED lights installed at the Yesler Community Center gym from November 1 to 11, 2019. The gym will be closed during that time.
- Saturday pickleball at Magnuson now starts at 9:30 instead of 10:00. (Thanks, John!)
Notable Fall Seattle changes:
- Meadowbrook will now offer 4 hours of recreational pickleball on Tuesdays and 4 hours of advanced pickleball on Thursdays. Yep, I know: that's not what any of the brochures say.
- Monday Miller pickleball has been moved to the afternoon.
- We were expecting pickleball at Van Asselt and Ravenna to be moved to different times or turned into an activity for which you have to register and pay in advance because the Parks department had run out of money. However, it looks as if nothing has changed so far.
- Northshore Thursday pickleball goes from 10:45am to 1:30pm through Labor Day week. (Thanks, Aldon!)
See something? Say something!Many thanks to all the players and staff members who let us know about schedule changes.
Please email schedule change information to infotimeforpickleball.com.
Since most facilities state that "Programs, hours, and fees are subject to change without notice", the information included here cannot be guaranteed to be accurate. Call play locations within 48 hours of play to verify daily schedule. Make sure the location is open when you call. Pray that the person answering the phone is aware of the latest schedule changes and gives you accurate information.
Click on a time below to see the original document that listed that specific time.
Click on a location name for more details about that particular location, such as address, phone number, number of courts, etc....